Our website for Gwendolyn Brooks College Preparatory Academy – a highly-regarded public magnet school – works both as a recruitment tool for students, and as an everyday resource for students, staff and parents.
Developed in the Drupal Content Management System, the Brooks website allows users to access everything from homework assignments to school calendars and directories. Drupal is the ideal open source CMS for developing community websites, as it allows for fine-tuned customization of content types, user access permissions, and add-on modules like calendars, notification systems, and organic groups such as classroom pages that for this website are only accessible to enrolled students.
Brooks staff makes heavy use of the user-friendly, web-based CMS to update the site daily with news, events, notices, classes and other information.
Our website scope of work included:
- Website Discovery & Planning
- Complete UX Concept, Design & Execution
- Drupal CMS Implementation
- Fully Responsive Construction
- Events Displayed in Page, Calendar & List Views
- Class Pages Allow Password-Protected Uploads of Homework Assignments
- Comprehensive Faculty Directory
- Photo Galleries & Video Elements
- Client CMS Training